Vision Mechanics has started work on the Big Shed, former stables which we are transforming into a new arts space.
- East Lothian, 2 miles north east of Musselburgh, 1 mile from Prestonpans, between B1348 and B1361
- Situated on a beautiful, peaceful wooded estate
- Accessible by bus from Edinburgh – Lothian Services 26 & X15
- 40 minutes from Leith on the cycle path
- 12 parking spaces available
- Nine x 200 sq ft artists studios available and one x 240 sq ft
- Should you require a different layout, we can potentially accommodate
- Communal kitchen and bathroom facilities
- Studio rental is £1 per sq ft (per month)
- Electricity metered separately per studio
REHEARSAL SPACE/BUILD SPACE
- A 20 ft high, 60 x 40 ft central space can be used for large builds or rehearsals
- The Big Shed is a steel framed building suitable for aerial rigging
- Studio holders can book this large space free of charge for a certain number of days per year
- Potential to use for site-specific multi-media events
Vision Mechanics has the Big Shed lease for 10 years (with the possibility to extend).
Our vision is to create an inspirational shared space for artists. If you are interested in visiting the Big Shed or have any questions, please contact Symon Macintyre, Artistic Director on firstname.lastname@example.org
Work will be completed by 1 June 2017.